Each week we have engaging and informative programs, along with the opportunity to socialize and interact with a diverse group of individuals and leaders from throughout our community.
Note: We are currently offering hybrid club meetings. If you are unable to join in person, you can attend our meetings via Zoom. Just complete the Attend a Meeting form so that we can send you the Zoom meeting link.
What is Rotary?
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Right here in Greensboro, there are 650 active members of the eight different Rotary Clubs in our city. Founded in 1917, the Rotary Club of Greensboro is the oldest and largest Club in the area.
Our local service projects include supporting Sumner Elementary School, Angel Flights, Salvation Army Bell Ringing, and our signature project, the Rotary Youth Leadership Program. In celebration of our 100th anniversary, we undertook the the Rotary Club of Greensboro Carousel as a gift to the city. We also support District services projects such as Meals of Hope, Project ReBuild, and Big Sweep.
What are the benefits?
Becoming a Rotary member connects you with a diverse group of professionals who share your drive to give back. Through regular meetings and events, you’ll:
- Discuss your community’s needs and develop creative ways to meet them
- Connect with other leaders who are changing the world
- Expand your leadership and professional skills
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones
What’s expected of me?
As a club member, you will be asked to:
- Pay club dues and participate in the annual fundraiser
- Be engaged through meeting attendance and/or service projects
- Use your professional skills and talents to make a difference
Am I required to attend club meetings every week?
Attending meetings is an opportunity, not an obligation. It is through your engagement in meetings, networking socials, service opportunities and other activities that you will gain the most value from your membership. Choose how and where to be engaged to serve your needs best. The most important thing is to choose to be engaged. More details about our engagement philosophy can be found here.
What are the membership types and fees?
Membership options include full, corporate, family, and service membership so you and your business can serve in Rotary through every stage of life.
Members of the Rotary Club of Greensboro are expected to participate in the Paul Harris Fellow designation and to make an annual donation to the Rotary Club of Greensboro Foundation.
The Paul Harris Fellow recognition acknowledges individuals who contribute, or who have contributions made in their name, of $1,000 to The Rotary Foundation.
- To fast-track earning the Paul Harris Fellow designation, new members contribute $100 per quarter for the first five quarters, and then our club matches those contributions to earn the Paul Harris Fellow status. Once recognized as a Paul Harris Fellow, members sustain their Paul Harris Fellow designation by donating $25/quarter during their Rotary membership lifetime.
- Rotary established the recognition in 1957 to encourage and show appreciation for substantial contributions to what was then the Foundation’s only program, Rotary Foundation Fellowships for Advanced Study, the precursor to Ambassadorial Scholarships. Rotarians have a tradition of supporting the Foundation by honoring others.
The Rotary Club of Greensboro Foundation’s highest priority for the allocation of foundation funds is to advance Rotary’s mission of service and to be responsive to community needs through Rotary approved projects.
- The per member annual minimum contribution to the Rotary Club of Greensboro Foundation is $300.
When considering your membership choice, please include your Paul Harris Fellow and annual donation commitment to your membership dues consideration.
Rotary Club of Greensboro Full Membership
A full, active membership in the Rotary Club of Greensboro provides access to weekly meetings with meals included, attending regular social events, and participate in service opportunities.
- $205 quarterly dues; includes all dues and meals and most activities.
- 5% discount on quarterly dues for each additional coworker
- 5% discount on quarterly dues for each additional household member
Ideal for individuals that are service-minded, have conflicting schedules to attend the weekly meetings and want to participate in projects Rotary offers.
- $110 quarterly dues with meeting access (meals are not included), participation in service projects and enjoy all Rotary Club of Greensboro and Rotary International benefits.
- Members pay $18 per meal when they can attend in person
- Members pay to attend social events that work with their schedule and interest.
How do I join the Rotary Club of Greensboro?
Just complete the application form at the link below, and we will be in touch soon!
Membership Application (online)
How do I get more information?
To learn more about Greensboro Rotary, please reach out to our Membership Chair, Teresa Class, by using the form below.