- This event has passed.
Dennis Stearns, “Greensboro Rising: Our Report Card for Becoming One of the Smartest Places on Earth” (Mar 8)
March 8, 2017 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
CFP, Stearns Financial Group
Greensboro Rising: Our Report Card for Becoming One of the Smartest Places on Earth
Dennis Stearns is an award winning financial planner, futurist, entrepreneur, community leader, author, TEDx speaker and the President of Stearns Financial Group, a fee-only investment management, financial and business planning firm with offices in Chapel Hill and Greensboro.
- An active community leader, Dennis has earned two national Community Service Awards.
- He has been named “one of the leading financial scenario experts and futurists” by the Financial Planning Association.
- Stearns Financial is the only financial firm in the Triad to be named three consecutive years to the Financial Times “Top 300 independent financial advisory firms” list.
- In 2016, Dennis was named one of the Triad Business Journal’s “Most Admired CEOs” and has also been named to the “Triad’s Most Influential People” list.
- He is an advisory board member for the Chamber Entrepreneur Connection, a partner in a technology business accelerator and is Treasurer and a board member for the Gateway University Research Park.
- Dennis is a former chess expert and member of one of the winningest Pan-American chess teams in U.S. history. Today he coaches an inner city chess club and plays chess with up to 30 people at the same time to raise money for children’s charities.