- This event has passed.
Beth Wood, “The Taxpayer’s Watchdog” (September 7)
September 7 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Beth Wood, Auditor, State of North Carolina
The Taxpayer’s Watchdog
Beth Wood is a Certified Public Accountant in her fourth term as North Carolina’s elected State Auditor. She is a long-time public servant with nearly 30 years of auditing experience, having worked in the Auditor’s Office for nearly 10 years before her election in 2008 and also in the State Treasurer’s Office. Before that, she worked 10 years for several companies in the private sector.
Auditor Wood is the first woman to serve as the State Auditor in North Carolina.
Through her work as State Auditor, Beth has worked to strengthen and improve state government. By focusing in the areas of Medicaid, Information Technology, Transportation, and agency accountability for the spending of taxpayer dollars, her administration has identified hundreds of millions of dollars in wasteful spending. These audits have resulted in legislation to improve the oversight and efficiency of state government, earning her office the nickname of the “Taxpayers’ Watchdog.”
Awards and Recognition:
- Women Business Owners 2020 Hall of Fame
- Women in Business 2019 Public Policy
- August 2019 NASACT (The National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers) President’s Award
- NCACPA 2016 Outstanding Conference Speaker
- Most Powerful Women in Public Accounting; 2014, 2013
- North Carolina Woman of Achievement, General Federation of Women’s Clubs of NC; 2009, 2010
- Governor’s Award 101-250 Employees (Highest Percentage Increase); 2003
To Attend Virtually: The Zoom link was provided in the newsletter that was published on the Monday before this date.
To Attend as a Prospective Member or Guest: Click here for more information.