Serving to Change Lives through Community Support Grants
President Patrick Haywood announced the first round of community support grants for the fiscal year at the club meeting on December 10, 2021. Through the Rotary Club of Greensboro Foundation, our 501(c)(3), our club funded 11 grants supporting projects in the Greensboro community. Our ability to do this comes from our annual fundraiser each spring. There will be at least one more round of funding during this fiscal year. For more information, visit our Foundation webpage.
$21,000 has been awarded in grants!
- Community Housing Solutions: gap funding for Project ReBuild
- Delancey Street: shoes for participants in the residential self-help program
- Downtown Greensboro Foundation: supporting street corner musical performers during Downtown in December
- Eastern Music Festival: leadership training for advanced string students
- GreenHill Center for NC Art: Eco Art Initiative integrating visual arts and environmental science for K-5 students
- Greensboro Bound: Authors Engaging Students Program in partnership with Guilford County Schools
- Greensboro Opera: educational dress rehearsal of Porgy & Bess
- NCCJ: scholarship for ANYTOWN, human relations and leadership development program for 11th and 12th graders
- Salvation Army of Greensboro: upgrades to food pantry storage to eliminate or minimize spoilage
- Sumner Elementary School: supporting celebrations of excellence to incentivize good behavior
- Tate Williams Education and Leadership Foundation: supporting conference designed to provide high school students of color, particularly male students, with proactive information about post-secondary education